2nd Day Hair Blues Be Gone!!!


For those of you who know me personally, I made a big move and have finally adjusted so back to blogging!

Today's Topic: 2nd day hair Part 1

Definition: 2nd day hair is hair on the second day from when you washed or cowashed it. It is usually a day when a lot of us naturals give up and put on a cap, but hopefully not after this post ;-)

Oh second day hair...how I loathe thee...actually..no that's not true! Most of my hair compliments come from my second day hair because if you do it right, it can be extra fly.

A lot of it has to do with how you sleep. I definitely suggest buying a satin pillowcase. This way, you don't have to sleep with a night cap or scarf. When you wake up, first try to mess with the hair just a bit and make sure it's even all around. Next, you can either take little handfuls of water in the shower or at the sink and wet the hair around the perimeter (do not wet all of the hair or put your head under the shower head!!) The hair should just be damp around the perimeter. Then, while hair is still damp, use about a quarter size of gel.I use fantasia IC with sparklites, from Target or the Drug Store. Evenly spread it around the perimeter and mess with the curls with your fingers to manipulate them. This should make your hair pop around the parts that matter most and you'll have the fun volume from second day hair. Good Luck!

My Perfect Puff method is part 2 of the 2nd day hair suggestions :-)

The pic on top is of my second day hair method

No comments:

Post a Comment