Transitioners:This post is for you ;-)

People go natural for various reasons. The thing is, depending on your reason can help you determine what regimen to use during your transition.

If you plan to wear your hair straight when you become natural, you can kind of do whatever you like as long as you keep it healthy (not too much heat, deep condition, etc. etc.)

Transitioners:
I don't know how many times I can stress this...If, when you go natural, you want to wear your hair curly/in a fro', stop putting so much heat on it to get it to "lay down." This will mess up your curl pattern. I'm not saying to never straighten it, but if you have straight extensions and your real hair out on top, DEFINITELY be careful, because the heat will make the top of your hair very different from the hair underneath once it grows out. Here are my suggestions for you if you want to make sure your curl pattern stays the same (with pics of course ;-):

Option 1: Put it in a bun. It's simple and a bit boring, but it works! The sacrifice you make of this boring style will result in gorgeous, evenly curled hair when you do you Big Chop!

Option 2: Braids/Twists


Option 3: Wet n Wavy extensions. I did this most of the time and even if your texture doesn't patch, you can braid the front to blend the textures. I also used lots of headbands to make it look even more natural. If headbands make your head hurt, you can use the stretchy ones :-)


Option 4: Phony Pony. I recommend making your own to ensure it blends well. Here is what I posted on LongHairCareForum a while ago:


Ok so I know a lot of you are good with patience due to your dedication to your hair, etc. So let me tell you what I did and I love my phony pony now! I went to the BSS and bought a synthetic ponytail with the comb and drawstrings. They did not have human hair ponytails like many BSS's don't. When I got home I hated it. It looked like barbie doll hair...lol. So here's what I did: What you need: Hair needle and thread Half pack of your favorite hair A synthetic ponytail on a net with combs 1. I cut off all of the hair from the net 2. I flipped the net inside out and sewed hair around the perimeter (when you examine the ponytail, you'll see what I'm talking about) 3. I flipped the net back outwards and sewed tracks straight across the net. The hair sewed around the perimeter will cover these tracks. I believe I sewed about 12 tracks to make the ponytail look full. You can add/take away depending on the texture of the ponytail. 4. I put the ponytail around the bun and walked out of the house!! lol! This way you can get human hair at any texture that you like! Hope this helps!! I was sooo happy with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment