Part II: So You Wanna Transition?

Ok ladies so I got super tired of being un-be-weaveable as my stepdad called it. What I loved though is how awesome my hair felt underneath because I wasn't messing with it constantly or using heat. So I came up with a bright idea...get a phony pony!!!

Now I've spoken of this before, but the blog has gotten a bit more popular so I'll tell the story again. I went to the BSS (Beauty Supply Store) and grabbed a curly phony pony since my roots by this point had grown out a lot. I tried a lot of the ponytails,but the hair felt so...FAKE! Remember those My Little Pony things? It felt like the tail. They didn't have any human hair ponytails that I liked so in true Bootleg Queen fashion (a name I earned in college by always making something work)I developed a brilliant idea...I'd make my own.

Here's what I love about the phony pony:
-You can easily access your real hair and treat it with juices and berries lol
-It can be washed over and over. This thing is RIDE OR DIE! Let me tell you when I was in the Bahamas, I went jet skiing and it stayed on. I got it wet and then dried it on the towel rack. Good as NEW! Ha!
-Making your own makes the blending of real vs. fake hair great! It will look so real ;-)


What you need:
-Hair needle and thread -Half pack of your favorite HUMAN hair(I suggest wet n wavy) -A synthetic ponytail on a net with combs

1. I cut off all of the hair from the net
2. I flipped the net inside out and sewed hair around the perimeter (when you examine the ponytail, you'll see what I'm talking about)
3. I flipped the net back outwards and sewed tracks straight across the net. The hair sewed around the perimeter will cover these tracks. I believe I sewed about 12 tracks to make the ponytail look full. You can add/take away depending on the texture of the ponytail.
4. I put the ponytail around the bun and walked out of the house!! lol! This way you can get human hair at any texture that you like! Hope this helps!! I was sooo happy with the results!


Here are pics of my phony pony days (about March-April 2007):


Phony Pony and I at the Club



Phony Pony and I in the Bahamas



Phony Pony and I in the POOL!!! Ride or die! See?!

No comments:

Post a Comment